Library Officer for the University Library
(Reference No.: LIB/LO/REF/12/2018)
The University Library of the University of Macau invites applications for the position of Library Officer (equivalent to Administrative Officer) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP37,400 to MOP47,600 (index 440 – 560).
- Develop, promote and contribute to a research support advisory service to academics on all aspects of scholarly communication and publication processes;
- Refine and further develop, in collaboration with suppliers, the current institutional repositories to cater for future research demands and evolving standards;
- Develop the UM digital library and handle all aspects of library reference services and activities;
- Organize and conduct library instruction and information literacy programs;
- Take shifts at the library’s reference counter;
- Assist in other projects or administrative work as assigned by superiors.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Library Science, Information Science or related disciplines;
- Minimum 5 years of working experience, of which at least 3 years in library or related fields;
- Teaching experience in library bibliographic instruction or information literacy is preferred;
- Knowledge in IT fields and data management is an advantage;
- High proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin);
- Good communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills;
- Willing to work on shifts.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE on or before January 31, 2019. Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8406; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**
|Download the application form only when applying through this online system is not likely. When not applying through this website, besides completing the application form, please submit your CV, copy of academic certificates (diplomas), copy of academic transcripts, ID or passport copy and declaration of employment (for civil servant only) to the above postal address, e-mail address or fax no.|