2. Academic Leave
There are mainly 3 types of academic leave which the staff member may apply:
- Research and Conference Leave:
– for attending, or participating in, an academic or professional conference, congress or other learned meeting;
– for engaging in research activities.
- Sabbatical Leave:
– Associate Professors or above with completion of three-year service in the University are eligible to apply for sabbatical leave to enhance their academic expertise through research, scholarly or pedagogical activities.
- Study Leave:
– Paid study leave: for oral defense on doctoral or master degree programmes;
– No-pay study leave: for studying doctoral degree programmes and is governed by the rules for no-pay leave.
3. Marriage Leave
The staff member who has completed 90 days of service in the University shall be entitled 10 working days of marriage leave within a period of 180 days from the marriage registration day.
4. Maternity Leave
A female staff member shall be entitled up to 90 days of maternity leave, upon completion of one year of service in the University.
5. Paternity Leave
A male staff member shall be entitled to 5 working days of paternity leave, on the occasion of the birth of his child.
Go to Top