Apply for this job now
Research Assistant (Application Developer) for the State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City (University of Macau)
(Reference No.: IOTSC/RA/05/2022)
The State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City (University of Macau) (IOTSC) invites applications for position of Research Assistant for application development.
- Full stack web application development;
- Assist to support system of IOTSC;
- Assist to develop IOTSC application related to smart city;
- Assist the design and development of algorithms;
- Support Laboratory projects;
- Perform ad-hoc projects or other duties as assigned.
Initial appointment is up to 12 months with a possibility of renewal subject to funding availability and mutual agreement.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or in relevant fields, possession of Master’s degree/PhD in Computer Science or related area will be an advantage;
- Font-end and Back-end development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as java, node.js, php, sql, html, css, python, C++…etc.;
- System administration knowledge of Linux and Windows;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese);
- Willing to take challenges and able to work under pressure.
The selected candidate is expected to assume duty as soon as possible.
Remuneration offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions. Basic medical benefits are available at a low cost.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details, and apply ONLINE with a cover letter and CV stating his/her qualification. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. More information regarding IOTSC can be found online at https://skliotsc.um.edu.mo/. For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they are not invited for an interview within 3 months of application.
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: email@example.com
Tel: +853 8822 8577; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**
|Word document (zip)|
|PDF (view with Acrobat Reader)|
|Download the application form only when applying through this online system is not likely. When not applying through this website, besides completing the application form, please submit your CV, copy of academic certificates (diplomas), ID or passport copy and declaration of employment (for civil servant only) to the above postal address, e-mail address or fax no.|
|Click here to download the Acrobat Reader|