Chair/Distinguished/Full Professor in Intelligent Transportation
(Reference No.: IOTSC/CDF/IT/08/2019)
The State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City invites applications for the position of Chair/Distinguished/Full Professor, who will also be a joint faculty member in the Faculty of Science and Technology, in the following disciplines:
• Practical Experiences in Transportation Engineering
• Transportation Big Data Analysis (e.g., Large Scale Routing and Scheduling, AI in Intelligent Transportation, User Behavior Analysis, etc.)
• Intelligent Transportation and Logistics Systems with Internet of Things
• Data-driven Sustainable and Integrated Urban Transportation Systems and Logistics
State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City (SKL-IOTSC)
The State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City is expected to promote smart city development in prospective of IoT, Big Data Technology and Engineering in Macao and inject a fresh impetus to the development of the Greater Bay Area by enhancing research and training in the field and providing technical support plans for improving economic performance, people’s quality of life, and social management. More details about the State Key Laboratory are available from https://skliotsc.um.edu.mo/.
Faculty of Science and Technology (FST)
FST aims to provide programmes for undergraduate and graduate education with quality reaching international standard. It strives to become a research active unit advancing the knowledge of engineering and science, and serves the community and industry as an agent of technological innovation and educational advancement. Currently, about 90 faculty members from diverse international backgrounds serve in this faculty. More details about the Faculty of Science and Technology are available from http://www.fst.um.edu.mo/.
1. A PhD degree in Transportation and Logistics, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines;
2. Candidates should have considerable experience in academic development planning, curriculum design and research development, and strive to pursue excellence in teaching, research and service with outstanding academic leadership skills for research and development;
3. A distinguished record of internationally-recognized research and scholarship;
4. Demonstrable competence in communication; and
5. English is the working language, while knowledge in Chinese/Portuguese will be an advantage.
The selected candidate is expected to assume duty in January 2020.
A taxable annual remuneration starting from MOP1,170,400 (approximately USD144,490) will be commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions. Apart from competitive remuneration, UM offers a wide range of benefits, such as medical insurance, provident fund, on campus accommodation/housing allowance and other subsidies. Further details on our package are available at: https://www.um.edu.mo/admo/vacancy_faq/.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details, and apply ONLINE. Review of applications will commence upon receiving applications and continue until the position is filled. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they are not invited for an interview within 3 months of application.
Office of the Vice Rector (Academic Affairs)
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8061; Fax: +853 8822 2452
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**