Research Assistant (Computational Biology or related field) for the Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences
Computational Biology or related field
(Reference No.: ICMS/RA/IT/07/2022)
Established in 2002, the Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences (ICMS) is an academic centre of excellence in Chinese medicine as well as biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences in the region. It hosts the State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine, as well as Macao Centre for R&D in Chinese Medicine and Macao Centre for Testing of Chinese Medicine. ICMS invites applications for position of Research Assistant for assisting in laboratory management. More details about the Institute are available at https://sklqrcm.um.edu.mo/.
- Work with laboratory colleagues, university IT office and supplier to set up a Laboratory Information and Management System (LIMS);
- Participate in the LIMS software training and set up training provided by the supplier;
- Learn the workflow of a testing laboratory; set up the appropriate LIMS workflows and functions as required;
- Connect the related laboratory equipment to the LIMS;
- Work with colleagues to perform software development of different kinds of laboratory management system; develop web programs and other customized functions, including system design, program development and maintenance;
- System testing to the LIMS system and other laboratory management system, perform system unit testing, functional testing, and code verification.
- Maintain the system, includes but not limited to, rectifying bugs, enhancing the performance of the system, changing different types of functionalities of the system according to the actual needs, as well as preventing future problem of the software;
- Provide support to colleagues to appropriately and efficiently utilise informatics tools and equipment integration capabilities;
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach and support the integration of new processes and technologies to promote the adoption of best practices;
- Perform other LIMS or laboratory activities as required.
Initial appointment is up to 12 months with a possibility of renewal subject to funding availability and mutual agreement.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related field. With Life Sciences background and familiar with Computer Science;
- Ability to use scientific rules, processes, and methods to solve problems and make predictions;
- Ability to use web application development or web system development;
- Advanced knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, the scientific record and statistical analysis programs used by the organization;
- Relevant research or working experience would be an advantage;
- Have an interest in working in wet laboratory. Strong learning ability and independent exploration ability;
- Work meticulously, be serious and responsible, and have team spirit;
- Good command of English and Chines.
The selected candidate is expected to assume duty as soon as possible.
Remuneration offered will be commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions. Basic medical benefits are available at a low cost.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details, and apply ONLINE. For application, please fill in the ONLINE application form and upload the cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they are not invited for an interview within 3 months of application.
For enquiries, please contact the Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website: https://sklqrcm.um.edu.mo/; Tel: +853 8822 4699
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**