Research Assistant in the Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
(Reference No.: IAPME/RA/03/2023)
The Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering (IAPME) is committed to the balanced integration of fundamental and technology application research, which serves as an innovative bridge between pure science and engineering. The interdisciplinary nature of IAPME enables realization of the different research strengths of the university in the scientific engineering solutions as well as in the coping of future technological challenges. At the current stage, the key research areas include green energy technology and environmental materials, photo-electric and electro-optic conversion materials, materials design and simulation, asymmetric layered materials and their applications, quantum biomaterials and their based tumor immunotherapy, quantum computational science using classical coherent light wave, etc., in order to develop cutting-edge and innovative disciplines with excellence.
The Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering (IAPME) invites applications for Research Assistant.
- Support in laboratory management, such as preparation of laboratory documents, maintaining laboratory working environment, and store room inventory checking;
- Assist in carrying out research agenda, such as data collection, integration, arrangement of institute publication portfolio, etc.;
- Support in research funding applications;
- Coordinate and support student related services;
- Assist in other duties as assigned and instructed by superior;
Initial appointment is up to 12 months with a possibility of renewal subject to funding availability and mutual agreement
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree or above in a science or engineering related discipline;
- Research and laboratory working experiences will be an advantage;
- Responsible, motivated and initiative personality;
- Good command of English and Chinese;
- Good communication skills and ability to work well within a team environment.
The selected candidate is expected to assume duty ASAP.
Remuneration offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions. Basic medical benefits are available at a low cost.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE with a cover letter and CV stating his/her qualification. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please visit the website at https://iapme.um.edu.mo/ for more information about IAPME. For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they are not invited for an interview within 3 months of application.
Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://iapme.um.edu.mo/; Email: email@example.com
Tel: +853 8822 4142;
The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**