Laboratory Technician for the Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
(Reference No.: IAPME/LT/03/2020)
The Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering (IAPME) of the University of Macau invites applications for the position of Laboratory Technician (Senior Administrative Assistant/Administrative Officer) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP33,670 to MOP50,960 (index 370 – 560).
- Assist in design of laboratories, planning, and purchasing of laboratory equipment in accordance with the necessity of the laboratories;
- Inspect and evaluate daily operation of the laboratories in compliance with University safety standards and guidelines, government regulations and local legislation;
- Support long-term research work and teaching;
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements and international best practices, and identify areas of continuous improvement;
- Provide timely, accurate information and analyses to assist the management in decision-making;
- Monitor and assist research personnel on budgets and issues related to research grants and related matters;
- Formulate and implement unit-level reports, including annual report, work plan, multi-year plan, and oversee their implementation and achievement progress;
- Analyze and review the effectiveness of the current unit policies or strategies and assist the Director of IAPME to recommend improvement actions;
- Coordinate and organize academic activities;
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned by superiors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Materials Science/Engineering, Chemistry or other science related fields. Master’s or PhD degree in relevant disciplines is preferable;
- A minimum of 3 years (for Senior Administrative Assistant) and 5 years (for Administrative Officer) of relevant work experience;
- Recognized safety related certification or professional qualification is preferable;
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese);
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE on or before 2 April 2020. Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Tel: +853 8822 8690; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**
|Download the application form only when applying through this online system is not likely. When not applying through this website, besides completing the application form, please submit your CV, copy of academic certificates (diplomas), copy of academic transcripts, ID or passport copy and declaration of employment (for civil servant only) to the above postal address, e-mail address or fax no.|