Laboratory Technician for the Department of Physics and Chemistry
Department of Physics and Chemistry
(Reference No.: FST/LT/AA_SAA/01/2019)
The Department of Physics and Chemistry of the Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Macau invites applications for the position of Laboratory Technician (Administrative Assistant / Senior Administrative Assistant) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP23,760 to MOP40,480 (index 270 – 460).
1. Assist in planning, purchasing and upgrading the laboratory equipment in accordance with the necessity of the laboratories;
2. Inspect and evaluate workspace environment, equipment and practices to ensure compliance with safety standard and/or government regulations;
3. Manage daily operation and oversee the management of the laboratories;
4. Support long-term research work and teaching; undertake training and demonstration sessions to research to the personnel on the Department’s facilities;
5. Maintain safe and satisfactory working environment of the laboratories including simulation and hardware tools;
6. Prepare experiment setups and organization as well as supervision and demonstration for students;
7. Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements and international best practices, and identify areas of continuous improvement;
8. Coordinate and organize academic activities for the Department / Faculty;
9. Assist in recruiting undergraduates;
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above in Physics / Chemistry or in relevant fields, Master’s degree is preferable;
2. At least 2 years (for Administrative Assistant) / 4 years (for Senior Administrative Assistant) of relevant working experience;
3. Knowledge of principles and operations of equipment related to Physics or Electronic/Electrical Engineering are preferable;
4. Laboratory experience and recognized training certificates on related laboratory instruments and apparatus are preferable;
5. Recognized safety related certifications or professional qualification is preferable;
6. Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese);
7. Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills;
8. Ability to work effectively and independently with minimum supervision.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/for more details and apply ONLINE on or before 24 January 2019. Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8574; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**
|Download the application form only when applying through this online system is not likely. When not applying through this website, besides completing the application form, please submit your CV, copy of academic certificates (diplomas), copy of academic transcripts, ID or passport copy and declaration of employment (for civil servant only) to the above postal address, e-mail address or fax no.|