Laboratory Technician (Machine Workshop & Robotics) for the Faculty of Science and Technology
(Reference No.: FST/LT/09/2022)
The Faculty of Science and Technology (FST) of University of Macau invites applications for the position of Laboratory Technician (equivalent to Administrative Assistant) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP24,570 to MOP32,760 (index 270 – 360).
- Be responsible for the operation, demonstration and maintenance of all types of machines in the machine workshop and robotics labs, and prepare materials and instruments, etc.;
- Inspect and evaluate workspace environment, equipment and practices to ensure compliance with safety standard and/or government regulations;
- Analyze operational procedures, data needs and existing information technology, including hardware and software, to determine efficiency, capabilities and limitations to support future needs;
- Liaise with laboratory technicians of departments to analyze current operation procedures, pinpoint problem areas, and determine areas for potential improvement of information systems;
- Monitor the progress of the planned projects and coordinate with the concerned parties in the matters of budgeting events, analyze the information provided and ensure the compliance of the information with the required criteria;
- Manage the records of hardware and software of laboratories and offices and ensure the existence and proper use of the fixed assets;
- Coordinate the procurement of equipment and consumable goods for laboratories and offices;
- Assist in planning, purchasing and upgrading the laboratory equipment in accordance with the necessity of the laboratories;
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements and international best practices, and identify areas of continuous improvement;
- Perform general administrative support to the Faculty;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Electromechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 2 years of full-time working experience, preferably in machine workshop. Knowledge about CAD and CAM is a plus;
- Recognized safety related certifications or professional qualification is preferable;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese);
- Highly motivated, good communication skills, strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work independently.
Notes for application
- Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE. Review of applications will be commenced in September 2022 and continue until the position is filled;
- Application screening will be based on requirements listed above. Please indicate the education qualification obtained and describe relevant work experience clearly in the Curriculum Vitae and application form;
- Applicants are required to pay an application fee of MOP300, an application will only be accepted when the application fee is settled by the application deadline. The payment can be made at the Human Resources Section of the University of Macau during office hours or online with “GovPay” payment gateway;
- Macao residents who are in financial difficulties at the time of submission of application as duly verified by the Social Welfare Bureau will be exempted from paying the application fee.
Other contact methods
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8574; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
**Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**