Dean of Faculty of Education
(Reference No.: FED/DEAN/07/2023)
The University of Macau sincerely invites applications for the position of the Dean of Faculty of Education.
The Faculty of Education
The Faculty of Education strives to become a leading center for local and global teacher education, and educational research and service, by continuously improving teaching and research quality and emphasizing academic excellence and international standards. It offers high-quality undergraduate and post-graduate (Master, PhD and EdD) Programmes in different areas of education. Currently, over 50 faculty members from diverse international backgrounds teach in this faculty. More details about the Faculty of Education are available from http://fed.um.edu.mo/.
The Dean of Faculty of Education
The successful candidate should have considerable experience in academic management, academic strategic planning, curriculum design, laboratory setup and research development, and must be highly committed to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research and service.
In particular, the candidate should have the following credentials:
- A PhD degree in Education or related discipline;
- Strong background in teacher education;
- A distinguished record of internationally recognized research and scholarship;
- Deep understanding, firm commitment and demonstrable contribution to the non-tertiary education system;
- Evidence of outstanding academic leadership, demonstrated commitment to leading research and a record of effective teaching in higher education sectors;
- Demonstrable competence in management and communication, ability of extensive application of computer and artificial intelligence (AI) in education content and auxiliary tools development;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Proficiency in English is required as it is the working language, while knowledge in Chinese/Portuguese will be an advantage.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions. Apart from competitive remuneration, UM offers a wide range of benefits, such as medical insurance, provident fund, on-campus accommodation/housing allowance and other subsidies. Further details on our package are available at: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/learn-more/.
More details about the job vacancy can be accessed at https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/. The University has appointed Perrett Laver to provide consultancy service for the recruitment of this position. A cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae in English and other related materials should be sent to the following address, with quotation of reference no. FED/DEAN/07/2023.
1901 Wilson House, 19-27 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3702 6493
The position will remain open until filled. Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit their materials on or before 15 August 2023 to ensure timely consideration. Candidates may consider their applications not successful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. For enquiries, please call Mr. Kenny Mak on +852 3702 6493.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**