Translator/Interpreter or Senior Translator/Interpreter (Portuguese, Cantonese and Mandarin)
(Reference No.: ADMO/PCM/07/2019)
The Office of Administration of the University of Macau is now inviting applications for the position of Translator/Interpreter or Senior Translator/Interpreter (equivalent to Senior Administrative Assistant to Senior Administrative Officer) with a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP32,560 to MOP60,720 (i.e. index points 370 to 690).
• Translate university documents such as legal instruments, minutes, public speeches, reports, proposals, press releases;
• Interpret in Portuguese, Mandarin and Cantonese (consecutively or simultaneously) at meetings or other university events;
• Perform other language tasks, such as editing/proofreading, writing, giving language advice;
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned by their superior.
Appointee at the rank of Senior Administrative Officer is also expected to train and guide other translators and interpreters.
• A bachelor’s degree or above from a recognized university, preferably related to Chinese/Portuguese translation studies;
• A solid track record of relevant experience as a translator and an interpreter;
• Excellent writing, translation and interpreting skills in Portuguese and Chinese; a working knowledge of English is necessary;
• Able to think logically, work under pressure and be meticulous in details;
• Able to work independently and jointly with other team members.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE on or before 25 July 2019. Applicants are required to submit an application letter in Portuguese with two samples of his/her past translation (Chinese to Portuguese and vice versa). Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 4057; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**
|Download the application form only when applying through this online system is not likely. When not applying through this website, besides completing the application form, please submit your CV, copy of academic certificates (diplomas), copy of academic transcripts, ID or passport copy and declaration of employment (for civil servant only) to the above postal address, e-mail address or fax no.|