Translator/Interpreter (English, Cantonese and Mandarin)
(Reference No.: ADMO/ECM/01/2020)
The Office of Administration of the University of Macau is now inviting applications for the position of Translator/Interpreter (Senior Administrative Assistant/Administrative Officer) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP33,670 and MOP50,960 (index 370 to 560).
1. Translate university documents such as legal instruments, minutes, public speeches, reports, proposals, press releases, etc.;
2. Interpret in the three languages (consecutively or simultaneously) at meetings or other university events;
3. Perform other language tasks, such as editing/proofreading, writing, giving language advice, etc.;
4. Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the superior.
1. A bachelor’s degree or above from a recognized university, preferably related to language studies;
2. Working experience as a translator and interpreter;
3. Proficiency in written Chinese and fluency in both spoken Cantonese and Mandarin; a high standard in written and spoken English;
4. Able to think logically, work under pressure and be meticulous in details;
5. Able to work independently as well as participate constructively in team work.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE on or before 23 Jan 2020. Applicants are required to submit an application letter in English with two samples of his/her past translation (Chinese to English and vice versa). Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8543; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**
|Download the application form only when applying through this online system is not likely. When not applying through this website, besides completing the application form, please submit your CV, copy of academic certificates (diplomas), copy of academic transcripts, ID or passport copy and declaration of employment (for civil servant only) to the above postal address, e-mail address or fax no.|